[Yt-dev] pull requests and their awesomeness

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:21:59 PDT 2011

I think this is a great model for development.  When it comes to submitting
large new features or significant invasive changes, the onus must be on the
original developer to make inspection and verification of incoming changes
as easy as possible for reviewers.  In my opinion, this means pull requests
of this nature should be accompanied by full explanation of what the code is
doing, how it works, and how a reviewer should know whether it's working or
not, including testing scripts.  Otherwise, it's just asking busy people to
do more work.

For small bug fixes, I think it's enough to submit the pull request and have
a few extra pairs of eyes look it over.  For bigger things, I think this is
something to keep in mind.

Britton