[Yt-dev] Written interview floss4science.com

FLOSS FORSCIENCE floss4science at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 04:33:22 PST 2011

Hi.

My name is Edwood Ocasio and I am the founder of
http://www.floss4science.com, a site about open source software in science
and engineering. I will like to publish a written interview about the yt
Project as a featured post in floss4science.com

I worked for 20 years as a professor of computer science, mathematics and
statistics in different universities in Puerto Rico.  You can easily find
traces of me on the web.  I also have a group for an Spanish speaking
audience interested in open source software for scientific computing (
http://groups.google.com/group/compcilibre).

* The interview publishing process *

1. I will send you a private link to drafts of the interview before
publishing it to allow you to make corrections.
2. Your photo and/or screenshots of your software can be included. The
photo is not a requirement.
3. Interviews will be queued for weekly publishing. I will notify you the
expected publishing date.

* Interview license *

This interview, as all content in floss4science.com, will be distributed
with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported
License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/)

Below are the questions.  You can answer them right here and just reply to
this email.

You can leave questions unanswered if they do not seem to apply to you or
the yt Project or cannot answer for whatever reason.

Again, thanks.

====== INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ======

1. Please, give us a brief introduction about yourself, i.e. profession,
workplace, projects, etc.

2. What is the yt Project?

3. Why and when did the yt Project came to be?

4. In which [language(s)|platform(s)] is the project developed?

5. Does the yt Project have sponsors (private, academic, other)?

6. How are the sponsors supporting the project?

7. How many users you estimate the yt Project have?

8. Do you know where is the yt Project used (corporations, universities,
other)?

9. How many team members does the project have?

10. In what areas of the yt Project development do you currently need help?

11. How can people get involved with the project?

12. What features are in the roadmap?

13. Which projects, blogs or sites related to open source software for
science can you recommend?

14. Why do you consider free/libre open source software important for the
advancement of your field?

15. Is there any other topic you would like our readers to know about?

16. Where people can contact you and learn more about the yt Project
(website, blog, email, twitter, identi.ca, Facebook, etc.)?

Thank you for sharing with us more about you and the yt Project.

--
Cordially,

Edwood Ocasio
Founder floss4science.com