[Yt-dev] Calling External Analysis Codes

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 11:38:55 PST 2011

Hi everybody,

I've been at the KITP Galaxy Clusters workshop today and yesterday,
and after chatting with people here about a few fun ideas, I have
started to realize that a very useful thing we could do is make it
easier to call external, pre-existing analysis codes.  To that end,
last night I wrote up some very simple documentation that walks you
through the idea of calling a C library using Cython.  I wanted to
throw it out there and see if anyone had any feedback.  This is just a
simple example, but I think it is pretty demonstrative.

http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/advanced/external_analysis.html

Anyway, I will probably write more later about this workshop; talking
to some of the participants has been very informative and energizing.
I'm presenting an intro/tutorial on yt this afternoon, as well, so
hopefully that will garner some good feedback and ideas.

Best,

Matt