[Yt-dev] EnzoFOF merger tree

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 14:16:25 PST 2011

All,

> Sorry, I didn't mean to output pngs directly -- I just meant, a single
> place we could write hierarchical datasets to dot format.  There's a
> lot of research, time, development and wheels in graphviz that we
> don't need to reinvent.
>
> As for a new package, I wonder if maybe that decision would benefit
> from a cost/benefit analysis: how much of any given graphviz wrapper
> would we use?

I think that if we have a unified way to write hierarchical data to dot files, this would require a unified way of representing hierarchical data. As such, something like pydot provides this (not that there could be something better out there). So, in this regard, a python graphviz abstraction is useful. Otherwise, we're writing our own. Thoughts?

 Stephen Skory
stephenskory at yahoo.com
http://stephenskory.com/
510.621.3687 (google voice)