[Yt-dev] Interest in a yt Workshop?

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 10:43:49 PDT 2011

I would like to see one of these happen at an Enzo users/developers
workshop.  The first real Enzo developers workshop took place at the end of
a week that started with a users workshop where a number of students and new
users came and learned some ins and outs of Enzo.  Like with Enzo, a lot of
what we're trying to do with yt is break the distinction between users and
developers.  I think a good way to do that is to devote at least a little
time to helping newer yt users get more familiar with the code and then
encourage them to stick around when we turn the discussion to development.
I wouldn't mind seeing this happen on its own, but I agree with Matt that
that may be a couple years off.  In the mean time, piggy backing off of a
meeting that is bringing together people with numerical simulations on their
minds is probably a pretty good start.  Could we try for this some time in
the spring?

Britton