[Yt-dev] SciAm article

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Mon Apr 25 07:20:28 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I wonder if any of you saw this:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-lost-galaxies

It's about baryonic inflows and outflows from galaxies, and discusses
both observations and simulations. There are a few images shown made
from their simulations that use streamlines to show the path of gas in
and out of galaxies. The neat thing is I think that yt isn't too far
from being able to do this, we just have to make the streamlines work
over time-ordered datasets. I just thought you all might find it
interesting, and hopefully all of your various .edu institutions have
a subscription so you can see the full article online.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us
http://stephenskory.com/