[Yt-dev] HaloProfiler vs. enzo_anyl

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 20:01:15 PDT 2011

Britton here again.

I prefer cgs, but that's because I'm biased.  Someone else should answer
> this.

I prefer cgs as well, but I think the original units of enzo_anyl were
simply based on the convention of a different subject.  Perhaps we could
have the yt analyze command read in a file stored in the .yt directory that
could provide overrides for default behaviors.

1) "Derived" profile fields, for things like accretion rate.
> 2) Accumulator functions that get applied for every field.  The actual
> binning occurs inside the profile objects, so we could add on
> accumulator functions.  These will have to be fully-local,
> unfortunately.

A while back I played around with doing 1D profiles by creating cut_regions
of the original object to be profiled and then having the profile values be
essentially derived quantities of those cut_regions.  It worked, and I could
do things like velocity dispersion, but it was incredibly slow.  If someone
wanted to look at that with me again, maybe we could make it go faster.

Britton