[Yt-dev] Namespace Issue

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 11:30:31 PDT 2010

Matt,

> I thought that
> one of the advantages of the Forthon kD-tree was that
> the memory was
> allocated in Python space and operated on by Fortran,
> rather than allocated
> in Fortran space and also operated on in
>  Fortran?

The best sense I can make of it is, yes, the memory is allocated in Python, but because all of the objects that are to be made available in Fortran space needs to be predefined with the kd tree shared object description file, I guess they're attached to the shared object.

I'll see if I can figure a elegant (or inelegant) work-around.

Thanks!