[Yt-dev] Module renames

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 15:45:32 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I've renamed a bunch of modules to clean up after a mistake I made a
long time ago.  Fortunately, this also coincides with fixing things to
come in line with the style guide better.  I'd prefer we do this in
SVN trunk, so that I don't miss any renames from applying a patch from
hg=>SVN.  This was done in r

Modules that share a name with a class *have* to be renamed, otherwise
the import mechanism breaks in a number of cases, and I'm not sure I
can work around this.

Here's my list:

PlotCollection.py => plot_collection.py
FieldInfoContainer.py => field_info_container.py
ObjectFindingMixin.py => object_finding_mixing.py

Britton, can you verify these are okay:

Clump.py => clump.py
HaloProfiler.py => halo_profiler.py
EnzoSimulation.py => enzo_simulation.py
LightCone*.py => light_cone_*.py

Stephen, can you verify:

MergerTree.py => merger_tree.py

Keep in mind that all auto-generated documentation, as well as
reliable selective imports, are broken when the module is the same
name as the class.  So we can rename one or the other...  And I
apologize that I didn't catch any of these sooner.  But I'm about 75%
done with docstrings for PlotCollection.py, and this was breaking
auto-generation of the docs.

Thanks,

Matt