[Yt-dev] Remote data viewing

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:38:59 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I wrote a remote image viewer, so that you can interactively explore
things like projections without having to copy *any* of the data
locally.  You can use it inside the Chaco-based explorer; all
pixelization is done remotely and only pixelized buffers are sent back
over the wire.  I've stuck an example here:

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/479/

but it'll be documented (along with the rest of the image panner
stuff) in the 1.7 docs, specifically how to get the FURL info
(~/.ipython/security/ipcontroller-mec.furl).  Anyway, I'm finding it
incredibly useful for exploring a huge amount of remote-living data.
Hopefully somebody else will find it useful, too!