[Yt-dev] New documentation

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:28:31 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

I've been working in the evenings (and, today, during the day a little
bit...) on the documentation.  Britton, Stephen and Jeff have also
chipped in and written a bunch.

I've uploaded a new build of the docs (which will last until the next
svn commit, at which point it'll be wiped and replaced with whatever
is in SVN currently) to here:

http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/

There are two new features I wanted to mention:

 * The cookbook ( http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/cookbook/recipes.html )
is programmatically generated from the cookbook repository (
http://hg.enzotools.org/cookbook ) and images are generated
automatically as well.  All other locations of examples will be wiped
and either left empty or replaced with links or content
programmatically generated from the cookbook repository.  It is 100%
my fault, but we have too many scattered, sometimes broken, sometimes
outdated, undocumented examples all over the place.  This is my
attempt to fix that.

 * I've added comments to every page in the documentation using
disqus.com.  Currently you need an OpenID (gmail supplies this) to
comment.  All comments are aggregated on a single page on disqus's
site, or they can be viewed threaded-inline in the docs.  This can be
expanded to accept Facebook logins, but I was hesitant on that.  What
are y'all's thoughts?

Also, there are still some major blank spaces in the docs.  I'm
working on filling them in, as are other people (mentioned above).  If
you'd like to help out, pick out a spot, clone the yt-doc repo, add
text or images or whatever, and I'll give you push privs.  (Of course,
as soon as you clone a repo, you already have commit privs.  :)