[Yt-dev] Parallel Processes Hanging

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 19:41:04 PDT 2009

Hi Britton,

Thanks for your information.  My suspicion is that there might be
something going on with the IO.  I've committed a change (r1460) that
reduces IO on non-root processors -- and also warns if your loglevel
threshold is too low -- and hopefully this will help with things.  In
retrospect, there really WAS a lot of IO on the processors, and the
progressbars only made it worse!

If you get a chance to test this, let me know!

-Matt