[Yt-dev] yt now loads chombo data

j s oishi jsoishi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 19:50:16 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I don't know if this is useful to anyone here, but Matt and I were
able to add Chombo support to yt. It's still super alpha, but it
works. Attached is a slice through a test dataset ran by PS Li here at
Berkeley. The code is in the mercurial repository under the "chombo"
branch. I hope to move it back to the main yt branch (in mercurial)
within the next week or so.

Chombo's datafile format uses a single hdf5 datafile for all
processors, levels, and grids, so it may be of some interest for
parallel IO.

take care,