[Yt-dev] Projection speed improvement patch

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:43:45 PST 2009

Hi guys,

I just wanted to report one more benchmark which might be interesting
for a couple of you.  I ran the same test, with *one additional
projected field* on Triton, and it takes 3:45 to project the entire
512^3 L7 amr-everywhere dataset to the finest resolution, projecting
Density, Temperature, VelocityMagnitude (requires 3 fields) and
Gravitational_Potential.  This is over ethernet, rather than shared
memory (I did not use the myrinet interconnect for this test) and it's
with an additional field -- so pretty good, I think.

There are some issues with processors lagging, but I think they are
not a big deal anymore!

-Matt