[Yt-dev] 1024^3 HOP problems

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:37:47 PDT 2009

The second place should occur very early on in the instantiation of
the hierarchy; you should be able to generate that error with just:

pf = load("my_data")
pf.h

and it will die.  Is that in fact the case?

There are a couple things we can do to reduce the memory overhead.  A
while back I was working on them, and the nascent efforts are in
yt-hierarchy-opt on hg.enzotools.org.

The first problem you cite below is still odd to me.