[Yt-dev] 1024^3 HOP problems

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 11:35:45 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm still trying to run HOP on the 1024^3 dataset on Ranger. It's been dying in two places inconsistently, meaning two consecutive runs will die either place. Line 196 in BaseDataTypes.py:

self.fields.append(key)

where it's complaining that self.fields doesn't have append. In HierarchyType.py at line 92:

self.gridTree = [ [] for i in range(self.num_grids)]

Sometimes it gives a memory error. self.num_grids is 440,000+, but in
my testing it doesn't matter how lists it's trying to make, it that's where it wants to die it dies.

I'm running on Kraken right now. We'll see how it goes.