[Yt-dev] yt-hop configuration improvements?

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 15:37:00 PDT 2009

Matt,

> but for my own curiosity, what was the
> density threshold you ran with versus the density threshold of the
> plot you're trying to reproduce?  And have you run with identical
> density thresholds, to see if that alone fixes it?  That parameter is
> already tunable.

I actually haven't gotten the plot yet that Brian made due to my HaloProfiler problem (which I'm about to start working on). I have got his list of haloes reproduced. The plot I made earlier was with a threshold=160.0, and Brian ran at 80.0. He also ran with a lower minimum group size in regroup (2 versus 20), which is something that is currently hard coded in yt-hop. So the lower threshold and the lower minimum group size is what I needed.

> The other one that I think could be of relevance is the saddle joining
> parameter, which is passed as "-dsaddle" to regroup in the standard
> Eisenstein distribution.  If you look in hop_regroup.c, though, you
> can see that it's been hard-coded by "GLB."  Since I got the code from
> the enzo/anyl distribution, not from the Eisenstein distribution, I
> think we can safely say that's Greg.  :)

It would be nice to make that a parameter then.

So in summary, I see what you're saying. I'd then add at minimum, the minimum group size, and -dsaddle.