[Yt-dev] binaries

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 11:04:26 PST 2009

Matt,

> and I was wondering which systems you've installed yt on.

Nothing you don't already know about.

> (non-CNL, as I think perhaps for now --
> until the parallel stuff is documented -- we want a slight barrier to
> entry to that)

Yeah, about that, I still cannot get it to run the the compute nodes, at least I can't get matplotlib to import. Perhaps I did something wrong in my install. I'm going to work on something else today and perhaps come back to Kraken on the weekend. But I can import numpy and tables (not shown), which is good.

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/77/

> I have the bandwidth & space to spare, I do believe.  At current
> rates, I'm estimated to use 11GB out of my 7TB of bandwidth for March.

You're unlikely to get slashdotted, but that 7TB limit is a pipe dream. Shared hosting resource limits, because CPU usage limits are hard and relatively low, are unattainable. But you probably already knew that...