[Yt-dev] Divergence of the yt-1.5 and trunk source lines

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:10:46 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

It's come time to start moving stuff into the trunk, as opposed to
just being in mercurial.  This means the trunk will become a faster
moving target.  Bug fixes need to be committed to both yt-1.5 and yt
if they are to be made.

The following things will be moved into trunk:

 * Integer covering grids replacing standard covering grids; smoothed
integer covering grids are not ready, so they will default back to
floating point math.
 * Fixed resolution projections
 * Next-generation GUI including inline VTK support.

Additionally, I will be targeting the hierarchy optimization more
heavily as well as a generalization of the floating point type used
for baryon fields and positioning.

Documentation is proceeding apace, and I have constructed most of a
cookbook, which I will be properly presenting later this weekend.