[Yt-dev] nickel instruction for using parallel HOP (not on Kraken)

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:04:36 PST 2009

Stephen,

Your suspicion was correct.  For some reason, this simulation has a number
of particles with ids that are -1.  I went all the way back to the very
first output of that simulation and found 126 out of 256^3 particles to have
ids of -1.  I have absolutely no idea why this is.  This simulation data is
more than a year old, so it is possible there was a bug in enzo at the
time.  I just tested ParallelHOP out on a much newer dataset and it worked
without a problem.

Thanks a lot for your help and thanks again for writing this code.

Britton