[Yt-dev] HOP/FoF problems

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 18:00:10 PDT 2009

> I'll get around to changing this sometime. For now, I doubt anyone is using it. Alternatively, if they are identical enough, it may be good to use just one set of kdtree code for both. Thoughts?

Would be okay, sure -- I wonder about the differences in the INTERSECT
code.  We can change the names of the functions too, so that would fix
the conflicts between signatures.

> Second, halo_list.write_out() is obtaining the particle_velocity_* fields serially, because now those fields aren't read in in parallel before calling the halo finder. What is the best way to read that data in parallel too, but only when its needed?

You could add a call to get_data([...]) on the source region in
write_out, and then all the halos would already have their particles
when each halo is queried.