[yt-users] RecursionError when using SlicePlot

Nicholas Wimer nicholas.wimer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 22:11:40 PST 2018

Hello,

I previously have not had any issues using yt, but today was forced to do a clean install of yt using the install script (same as I had done two months ago).  However, this time I get a RecursionError when trying to use SlicePlot.

The installer installed Python 3.6.4 and yt version 3.4.0.

Perhaps of note is an additional FutureWarning message that I previously had not seen saying that the “Conversion of the second argument of issubdtype from ‘float’ to ‘np.floating’ is deprecated. In the future, it will be treated as ‘np.float64 == np.dtype(float).type’.”  This warning originated from “yt-conda/lib/python3.6/site-packages/h5py/__init__.py:36”

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in fixing this issue with SlicePlot.

Thank you very much,
Nick