[yt-users] Reading in arrays from Active Particles

John Regan johnanthonyregan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 07:41:06 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I'm hoping to modify YT to read in arrays from ActiveParticle fields. I
have an array which is part of the AP data structure. At the moment YT sees
the field but only reads the first element which kinda makes sense.

Just wondering how I can modify the source code so that YT realised that a
field is in fact an array and to read in all the values?

At the moment YT is also complaining with the message:
yt/yt/frontends/enzo/io.py:140: VisibleDeprecationWarning: boolean index
did not match indexed array along dimension 0; dimension is 20 but
corresponding boolean dimension is 1

which is because of course the field is an array of length 20 rather than a
scalar.

Any tips on what is required? I am looking on io.py at the
_read_particle_fields function and I imagine it is this function that needs
modification?

Cheers,
John