[yt-users] profile plots combining different datasets

Suoqing Ji suoqing at physics.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 26 12:59:38 PDT 2017

Hi t yuta,

What you can do is to get the data as numpy array directly from the profiles you’ve generated, and sum them up by yourself. You can follow the last example at: http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/visualizing/plots.html#d-profile-plots

For each dataset, you can have one profile:
profile = plot.profiles[0]

Then you can sum up profile[‘cell_mass'] over different datasets, and plot it against profile.x

Best wishes,
—
Suoqing Ji
Ph.D Candidate