[yt-users] Problem while installing YT with Rockstar

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 11:20:01 PDT 2017

The install script tries to build rockstar using conda-build. This is
failing somehow. Fortunately it isn't strictly necessary to use the install
script to do this.

Instead, you might try following the instructuctions to build yt with
rockstar support here:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/installing.html#installing-support-for-the-rockstar-halo-finder

One could also try modifying the install script to not use conda-build for
rockstar, as I doubt it's actually necessary.