[yt-users] profile plots combining different datasets

tyuta y0u1t1a5.t at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 13:54:24 PDT 2017

Dear yt-users,

Hi, I want to ask you about phase plot. Some days ago, I asked how to sum
up different datasets to make one profile plot, and it worked fine. This
time, I tried to do the same thing in phase plot, but it did not work fine.
Could you help me find out what the problem is?

(inside for loop):
     profile_medium = yt.create_profile(
             data_source=medium_region,
             bin_fields=["density", "temperature"],
             fields=["cell_mass"],
             n_bins=[128, 128],
             units=dict(),
             logs=dict(),
             weight_field=None,
             extrema=dict(density=(1e-30, 1e-20), temperature=(1e1, 1e8))
          )
     plot_med = yt.ProfilePlot.from_profiles(profile_medium)
     profile_med = plot_med.profiles[0]
     profiles_sum_med = profiles_sum_med + profile_med["cell_mass"]

my_data_med = {"density": profile_med.x,
           "temperature": profile_med.y,
              "cell_mass": profiles_sum_med}
fake_ds_med = {"current_time": yt.YTQuantity(10, "Myr")}
yt.save_as_dataset(fake_ds_med, "phaseplots_med_all.h5", my_data_med)

ds = yt.load("phaseplots_med_all.h5")
ad = ds.data

profile = yt.create_profile(ad,
                            ["density", "temperature"],
                            n_bins=[128, 128],
                            fields=["cell_mass"],
                            weight_field=None,
                            extrema=dict(density=(1e-30, 1e-20),
temperature=(1e1, 1e8))
                           )

and I got this error:

could not broadcast input array from shape (128,128) into shape (128)

Sincerely,
Y.T.