[yt-users] YT VR Visualisation

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon May 22 09:07:22 PDT 2017

Hi Alex,

Yup, we have been, and with the vive and oculus specifically.  Right
now though, it never got past much of a tech demo phase -- there's
code on my group's bitbucket account (bitbucket.org/data-exp-lab/ )
that runs in Unity, and Nathan Goldbaum got some of the stuff that's
in yt (the volume rendering) to work with the OpenVR python bindings
directly (not srue where that code is) but it's all still pretty early
on.  Not sure it's quite shovel ready.  There're some students coming
on soon that will take another look, but July might be a bit
optimistic...  That being said, it'd be an awesome hack or
collaboration and if you are interested in trying to push it at all,
that'd be pretty rad.

-Matt