[yt-users] calculate the Mdot in yt.

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri May 19 07:53:51 PDT 2017

Hi Kazem, Nathan,

I've opened two separate issues for this, the one Nathan linked to above
and this one:
https://github.com/yt-project/yt/issues/1407

Issue #1406 is just that the surface value and surface fields are never
verified to be in the same units.  That should be trivial to fix.  Issue
#1407 gets at the real problem, which is that surfaces made with the radius
field are almost always empty.  I say almost because as I was trying to
recreate this issue this morning, I happened to make one that had some
values.  However, if I twiddle things just a little, the size is again
zero, which seems incorrect to me.

Anyway, keep an eye on those issues and we will post updates there as we're
able.

Britton