[yt-users] calculate the Mdot in yt.

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Thu May 18 17:10:21 PDT 2017

Hi Kazem,

I have looked into this and I think there may be an bug here, but I am not
100% positive.  This may be obvious, but the reason the flux is coming out
zero is because the surface object is empty.  Just doing surf[<some_field>]
returns an empty array.

I have played around with this a bit using the IsolatedGalaxy dataset and
have been unable to create a non-empty surface using the "radius" field.
My first suspicion was that this was a units issue as the marching_cubes
function doesn't check that the contour value and the field values are in
the same units.  This is true and probably should be fixed in its own
right.  However, making sure my surface value was in the same units as what
the radius field returns didn't help either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Britton