[yt-users] Covering GIZMO data to uniform grid

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 15:07:57 PDT 2017

It looks like I spoke too soon. It turns out that you can't smooth SPH
smoothed fields onto a covering grid or an arbitrary grid. I thought this
worked but I guess I was mistaken. I've filed an issue with a feature
request for this here:

https://github.com/yt-project/yt/issues/1436

In principle I think this would be relatively easy to do. I'm in the middle
of working on a significant change in how yt supports SPH particle data, I
will make sure that this gets done as part of that.

For now you can use covering grids and arbitrary grids with a locally
deposited field, here's an example using the deposited dark matter density:

https://gist.github.com/72803576524833663793e7a10563b6b3