[yt-users] Volume Rendering

Hilary Egan hilary.egan at colorado.edu
Fri May 19 11:16:23 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the volume renderer right now, but I'm not getting the
results I'm expecting. I'm trying to plot two fields at once by adding them
independently as VolumeSources, but when I render the image they seem
flipped relative to one another on the x-axis. Everything seems fine when I
plot the fields as slices, so it's something going on in how I'm doing the
volume rendering.

Here's a script that shows what I'm talking about (
https://pastebin.com/ci3u68C9) and the corresponding output (
http://imgur.com/a/JeFkN). I'm using yt version 3.3.5, installed via pip.

Does anyone have any insight? Hopefully I'm just misunderstanding how the
volume renderer works- it's been awhile since I've used it!

Thanks,

--
Hilary Egan
Astrophysical and Planetary Science Department