[yt-users] calculate the Mdot in yt.

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 07:36:39 PDT 2017

Hi Kazem,

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you were asking, I haven't actually done
anything to help out here yet. As Britton said there is likely a bug that
needs to be fixed. I asked him for a runnable test script I could use to
debug the issue. If you feel like it, you could create a runnable test
script as well and then file an issue on github:

https://github.com/yt-project/yt/issues/new

There are a number of public test datasets you can use in your script at
yt-project.org/data. Using a public dataset is important because it ensures
anyone will be able to reproduce the issue you're seeing (sometimes
problems depend on the exact type of data you are looking at).

Hopefully once we have an example to debug with one of us will be able to
come up with a bugfix you can apply to your local yt installation and that
others can use once the next yt release goes out.

-Nathan