[yt-users] [YT-USERS] Incoherence when ploting a slice - from FLASH simulation

Gabriel RIGON rigon.g at bureau.luli.polytechnique.fr
Tue May 2 13:43:01 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I recently start to work with yt to analyze my FLASH simulation. The output of those simulation is an hdf5 file.

When I try to plot a slice of my simulation, some weird lines appear on it. Here is an example of the python script and the results it leads to.

"""
import yt

ds = yt.load("lasslab_hdf5_plt_cnt_0000.hdf5")
yt.SlicePlot(ds, 'z', "dens").show()

[cid:972219b9-edbb-4265-81cf-9a07e61cf360]

"""

Actually they also appear went plotting the results of a frb of a slice (even when I try to plot the x or y coordinate in 2d).

Do you have any idea of the reason for such lines, or a solution for my problem?

Best regards,
Gabriel Rigon