[yt-users] different hydrogen densities from different versions of yt

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 14:16:44 PST 2017

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ah, I see, this is covered in YTEP-0003:
>
> http://ytep.readthedocs.io/en/latest/YTEPs/YTEP-0003.html#
> molecular-and-atomic-species-names
>
> And what Lauren wants to use in yt-3 is the "H_nuclei_number_density"
> field. Except now that I check, we don't have that field at all, we only
> have 'H_nuclei_density'. I'll submit a pull request that adds the number
> density field automatically, but for now Lauren is going to need to define
> her own nuclei number density field.

And it looks like ('gas', 'H_nuclei_density') *is* a number density after
all:

In [3]: ds.fields.gas.H_nuclei_density
Out[3]: Derived Field (gas, H_nuclei_density): (units: cm**(-3))

This is a tad annoying because the naming scheme here is inconsistent with
the naming scheme of the other species fields.

So that's the field you want to use Lauren. Hope my flailing around here
over the course of this thread wasn't too confusing :)