[yt-users] Derived field conflicts

David Collins dcollins4096 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 14:05:17 PDT 2017

Hi, Everybody!

Every now and then I'll add a new field using yt.add_field() that includes
the magnetic field.  If I then load another dataset that doesn't have the
magnetic field, it chokes when it parses the hierarchy because it tries to
validate my new field against the dataset that doesn't have B.  Is there a
simple way I can fix my field definition to prevent this?

I'd like to avoid adding every field manually to each dataset, since I have
a lot of fields, and a lot of dataset, and some have B and some dont, etc.
 but I see that's probably the most obvious fix.

Thanks!
d.

--
-- Sent from a computer.