[yt-users] Mapping particle data to grid (what algorithm is used?)

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 08:03:36 PST 2017

yt supports a number of deposition operations:

http://yt-project.org/doc/analyzing/fields.html#deposited-particle-fields

The exact deposition operation used by a field depends on which field we're
talking about. In practice many fields use CIC.

In principle we could add support for fancier deposition operations like
the one you mention, but no one has implemented it yet.