[yt-users] ANN: yt 3.3.5 released

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:48:52 PST 2017

We are proud to announce the release of yt 3.3.5!

yt (http://yt-project.org) is an open-source, community-developed toolkit
for analysis and visualization of volumetric data.

Version 3.3.5 is a regularly scheduled bugfix release including fixes for a
number of issues reported since the release of yt 3.3.4.  We urge all users
to update to the latest version.

If your python installation is managed via conda, update following:

$ conda update -c conda-forge yt

If your python installation is managed via pip, update following:

$ pip install -U yt

Finally, if you manage your yt installation by running out of a clone of
the yt mercurial repository, update following:

$ yt update

We would like to thank the following people for their contributions to this
release:

Nathan Goldbaum

Kacper Kowalik

Andrew Myers

John ZuHone

A summary of changes in this release, along with a link to the pull request
implementing the changes follow below:

Fix for off-axis projections of multiple fields producing data only for the
first field (PR 2502
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2502>)

Don't attempt to parse inputs or probins files for generic BoxLib data (PR
2517 <https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2517>)

Fix C compilation warnings (PR 2519
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2519>)

Fix an error in the halos plot callback that was unintentionally introduced
on the stable branch while backporting another bugfix for yt 3.3.4 (PR 2520
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2520>)

Ensure transparent volume renderings can be composited (PR 2521
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2521>)

Allow user customization of the mean molecular weight via a field parameter
in the Gadget temperature field (PR 2523
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2523>)

Fix syntax error in code example in the documentation (PR 2524
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2524>)