[yt-users] 3-D Mass power spectra

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 09:13:50 PDT 2017

We have an example in our docs that shows how to create a kinetic energy
power spectrum with the numpy FFT:

http://yt-project.org/doc/cookbook/calculating_information.html#making-a-turbulent-kinetic-energy-power-spectrum

I think this could be adapted for your needs.

Right now there isn't an analysis routine explicitly for computing power
spectra in yt. If someone wanted to add it (or just wanted to add more
examples to the docs of how to compute power spectra using e.g. pyfftw) I
think that would be a very welcome contribution.

-Nathan