[yt-users] Data around boundaries

Lu, Yinghe ylv4 at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 3 16:31:59 PDT 2017

Hi yt-ers,

     This may seem a stupid question but I haven't found anything in the documentation that explains it in detail. How does yt deal with accessing data outside the domain boundaries? For example, I notice that, if creating a sphere around domain left edge yt by default wraps around to the opposite edge of the domain assuming a periodic boundary condition and access data from there, while it doesn't do so for covering grids.  Is there an option I can decide if I want to wrap around the domain or not based on the boundary condition that I am using?

    Thanks!