[yt-users] Dark Sky Simulations, analysis gone wrong.

ALEXANDROS TSOUROS ph4602 at edu.physics.uoc.gr
Sat Jul 1 14:20:13 PDT 2017

Hello all!

I am quite new to yt, so please bear with my ignorance!

I need to perform analysis on the open data of the Dark Sky Simulation
(http://darksky.slac.stanford.edu). In particular I need to create 1
dimensional profiles of the radial velocity of dark matter particles
around halos.

Attached, you'll find my attempt at producing such a profile.

When I do this on a GADGET2 simulation I've run, I can use the
'radial_velocity' field without a problem. However, this script, where
the data is that of the Dark Sky simulation, produces the following
output :

'
(...)
yt.utilities.exceptions.YTFieldNotFound: Could not find field '('all',
'radial_velocity')' in ds14_a_1.0000.'

However, as I understand it, the field 'radial_velocity' is native to
yt. How can I surpass this problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time,
Tsouros Alexandros