[yt-users] ANN: yt 3.3.4 released

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:37:50 PST 2017

We are proud to announce the release of yt 3.3.4!

yt (http://yt-project.org) is an open-source, community-developed toolkit
for analysis and visualization of volumetric data of all types, with a
particular emphasis on astrophysical and nuclear engineering simulations.
yt 3.3.4 is officially the "Happy 10th Birthday to yt!" release.

Version 3.3.4 is a regularly scheduled bugfix release including fixes for a
number of issues reported since the release of yt 3.3.3.  We urge all users
to update to the latest version.

If your python installation is managed via conda, update following:

$ conda update -c conda-forge yt

If your python installation is managed via pip, update following:

$ pip install -U yt

Finally, if you manage your yt installation by running out of a clone of
the yt mercurial repository, update following:

$ yt update

We would like to thank the following people for their contributions to this
release:

Corentin Cadiou

Nathan Goldbaum

Kacper Kowalik

Matthew Krafczyk

A summary of changes in this release, along with the number of the pull
request implementing the change follows below:

Compatibility with matplotlib 2.0 (PR 2467
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2467>)

Update the description of the yt package (PR 2472
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2472>)

Compatibility with NumPy 1.12 under python3 (PR 2478
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2478>)

Correctly detect some non-cosmological Ramses data as such (PR 2491
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2491>)

Fix issue with periodic mirroring of data in the halos callback (PR 2492
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2492>)

Ensure field data are contiguous before depositing (PR 2498
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2498> and PR 2518
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2518>)

Adjust internal setup of mutable dataset attributes (PR 2501
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2501>)

Fix issues creating box data objects (PR 2508
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2508>)

Register __hg_version__.py with setuptools extension builder (PR 2445
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2445>)