[yt-users] Parallelism in yt Applied to Large Datasets

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 11:30:18 PST 2017

Hi Jason,

I don't know how to do both domain and time decomposition in yt, but I have
been doing time-series analysis in yt of some fairly massive FLASH HDF5
outputs (~20 GB each) without a problem. If you'd like to share the script
with me (you can send to feister at flash.uchicago.edu), I can take a look and
see if I notice anything particularly wasting RAM. Maybe there's a simpler
solution than resorting to domain decomposition!

Best,

Scott

Scott Feister, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Flash Center for Computational Science
University of Chicago, Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics