[yt-users] issue with reading pickle files with yt-conda

Jason Tumlinson tumlinson at stsci.edu
Fri Dec 22 03:57:52 PST 2017

Hi,
I have need for reading some pickle files containing yt array outputs. The files were created by someone else a while ago so I don’t know much about the conditions of their creation. When trying to open them I get the error below.

I am asking here because the comment on line 1384 of the traceback seems to point at a yt issue, not something in the file itself. Has anyone encountered this? Is there a workaround?

Thanks
JT

In [3]: f = open(‘file.cpkl', 'rb')

In [4]: cPickle.load(f)
TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-4-1f99de24e8dc> in <module>()
----> 1 cPickle.load(f)

/Users/tumlinson/yt-conda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yt/units/yt_array.pyc in __setstate__(self, state)
   1381         """
   1382         super(YTArray, self).__setstate__(state[1:])
-> 1383         unit, lut = state[0]
   1384         # need to fix up the lut if the pickle was saved prior to PR #1728
   1385         # when the pickle format changed

TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable