[yt-users] Proposal: Drop support for Python2.7 in 2019

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 13:01:49 PST 2017

Hi all,

I'd like to let both the yt-users and yt-dev mailing list know about a
proposal I am making to drop support in yt for Python 2.7 sometime in 2019.

I've written up a YTEP (yt enhancement proposal) that formalizes this
proposal. Please see the text for details:

https://github.com/ngoldbaum/ytep/blob/master/source/YTEPs/YTEP-0033.rst

If you have strong feelings about yt's support for Python 2.7 (for or
against) I'd love to hear your thoughts as comments on the pull request to
the YTEP repository:

https://github.com/yt-project/ytep/pull/3

To avoid splitting the conversation, please do not reply to this e-mail and
instead make a comment on the pull request.

Once the discussion is finished I will make another e-mail describing what
we agree to.

-Nathan