[yt-users] Real-time histogram presentation based on interactive volume rendered camera properties

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 13:46:29 PDT 2017

Hi Em,
I think I have something that can get you going.
If you could clone the following repository:

hg clone https://bitbucket.org/xarthisius/reason
cd reason
hg update -C MPL_IDV

and then run: python reason.py. It should create a simple Qt Widget with
two frames: matplotlib canvas on the left, and yt's IDV on the right.
Whenever you double click on the right panel it should update the left
one with a current position of the camera.

It should be possible to compute the angles you need from the camera's
position and focus. All that's left is adding your data.

This code, in addition to all dependencies of IDV, requires PyQt4 with
OpenGL support.

Let me know if there are any issues.
Cheers,
Kacper