[yt-users] SSLError when trying to update

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 18 12:54:17 PDT 2017

​Yeah, just after I sent that message I tried other conda updates in my
other main environment and got the same problem.  So it seems to be a we
hosting issue as you said.

Jon​

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 3:49 PM, <yt-users-request at lists.spacepope.org>
wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 14:49:19 -0500
> From: Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion of the yt analysis package
>         <yt-users at lists.spacepope.org>
> Subject: Re: [yt-users] SSLError when trying to update
>
> Hi Jon,
>
> I think this happens when there are web hosting issues with conda.  I think
> if you give it a little bit of time it should return to normal.
>
> -Matt
>
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Slavin, Jonathan <jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a conda environment set up to use the development branch of yt.
> > When I just now went to update it I got:
> > > conda update -c http://use.yt/with_conda/ -c conda-forge yt
> > Fetching package metadata .............
> >
> > CondaHTTPError: HTTP None None
> > for url <None>
> >
> > An HTTP error occurred when trying to retrieve this URL.
> > SSLError(SSLError(SSLError(1, u'[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED]
> > certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)'),),)
> >
> > ?I don't get the "None None" bit, but it looks like a problem with the
> SSL
> > certificate.  Or maybe it's something else.  Any help would be
> appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jon?

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA