[yt-users] Some query regarding YT rays

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 08:03:51 PDT 2017

Hi Arpan,

Ray objects have a special field, "dts", which is the length of the segment
through each cell normalized so that the sum over the whole ray is 1.  You
can multiply this by the length of the ray to get what you need.  If you
want the width of the cell through which the ray is passing, you can use
the "dx" field.

Britton