[yt-users] HDF5 TypeError when writing LightRay

Joseph Tomlinson jmtomlinson95 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 13:34:36 PDT 2017

Nathan,

That issue is very likely the problem that I was having with the stable
version.

I tried to recreate the issue I am having with the dev version but the
issue does not occur for any of the public enzo datasets.

The error occurs after the ray data has been saved and it reloads it . The
saved file is able to be read in h5py and seems correct.
A few layers down the error occurs in _parse_parameter_file() and I think
this may be the difference between the data I was given and the public sets.
I can't really see the difference between the two myself. I've uploaded the
file here http://paste.yt-project.org/show/7129/ if it becomes relevant.

The script to generate the error is extremely basic, I didn't upload it
because its just two lines, making the LightRay then calling make_light_ray.
The error should be reproducible by simply trying to load the resultant
hdf5 file, is there somewhere you would prefer me to upload it? It's not
too large, less than 1MB.
Is there anything else I could provide to help diagnose the issue?

Thanks,
Joe Tomlinson
Senior Undergraduate
Department of Physics, Drexel University