[yt-users] Real-time histogram presentation based on interactive volume rendered camera properties

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 13:24:26 PDT 2017

If you'd be interested in experimenting with the OpenGL volume rendering,
take a look at these doc pages:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/visualizing/interactive_data_visualization.html
http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/cookbook/complex_plots.html#cookbook-opengl-vr

In addition, the place in the codebase to look to see how this is
implemented is e.g. here:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/src/416bc87fd064d8cd5d64a98922c00c1cc71a0f7d/yt/visualization/volume_rendering/interactive_vr.py

It makes use of cyglfw, a cython wrapper for the GLFW OpenGL library. If
you're familiar with OpenGL that will help.

-Nathan