[yt-users] Lineout plot fo 3D dataset

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 16:29:38 PDT 2016

Hi Matt, Suoqing, and Nathan,

Thanks a lot for answering so quickly -- that was very helpful! The ray
method works quickly and does exactly what I was looking for: a lineout. I
may add to that capability by coring out the central region of one (or two)
orthogonal 2D projections (e.g. along y and z) to give the line an
integration width.

Scott

Scott Feister, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Flash Center for Computational Science
University of Chicago, Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics